Re: [opensuse-factory] Replacing libzypp stack with libdnf stack
On Tuesday 2020-07-07 05:45, Carson Black wrote:
Lately, I've become somewhat displeased by a lot of
shortcomings of the libzypp stack in regards to how it serves
openSUSE.[...] From what I can tell, the only things that need
any further integration work besides just switching out the
package manager would be[...]

Be careful with this argument: I have spent time with both (used
to work for Red Hat), and I have to say I prefer zypper hugely,
both for its speed and features. Some things are not so easy (I
cannot do `sudo zypper in /usr/bin/name`), but some things are
better.

And from what I know about dnf, than it was mostly rather poor
rewrite of libzypp, which was so bad, they are rewriting it
again. I don't think we should attach ourselves to something
which has been effectively abandoned.

Best,

Matěj
--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by
stupidity.
-- Napoleon Bonaparte (or many other people to whom this
quote is ascribed)