Re: [opensuse-factory] [RFC] OpenSUSE Distribution Tiers Policy
  • From: Dirk Müller <dirk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 21:54:19 +0200
Hi Neal,

Am Fr., 3. Juli 2020 um 20:11 Uhr schrieb Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>:

'Primary Architecture' and
'Architecture port'.
To me, this doesn't make sense because they're both ports, in essence.

Only one of the two is called that way ;)

I admit I'm lacking a better wording. I am struggling with the Fedora
and Debian wordings (and I think I mentioned that in an earlier
email),
and 'port' however bad or misplaced it may be, at least has some
'openSUSE' historic meaning (and as I got pointed out, this conflicts
quite a bit with the *BSD definition of ports).

I don't want this to become a naming bikeshedding exercise, so if
anyone has a better suggestion, I happily take it. Otherwise thats
what it is for now.

Greetings,
Dirk