Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20200625: mutt and ssh tunnel connects fail
  • From: İsmail Dönmez <idoenmez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 13:29:15 +0200
On 03 Jul 12:25 2020, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

Hi,

after upgrade to mutt 1.14.4 I could not connect to my mail server anymore. I
use a preconnect tunnel using ssh to start imapd, but now only get "Encrypted
connection unavailable".

Found this one:
https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg1751067.html

Indeed, setting ssl_starttls=no makes it work again. Assuming it's already
reported upstream - should I file a boo report or not?
It's at least a nasty one as it breaks existing working configurations...

https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/issues/250 and the fix
https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/commit/c9b58e3df046c60417720b4054ffbb2422360e0f

- ismail

--
„Jenseits von richtig und falsch liegt ein Ort, an dem treffen wir uns.“ - Rūmī

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)