Re: [opensuse-factory] Everything upscaled after latest upgrade!?
Hi,

Am Samstag, 23. Mai 2020, 18:39:37 CEST schrieb Peter Suetterlin:
Peter Suetterlin wrote:

Hi,

I just did a zypper dup to get my TW to the latest state.

I'm running Plasma.
Many/most applications now suddenly are upscaled substantially, and I can't
find the setting that caused this. Seems to be QT related(?), applications
like xterms or GIMP are not affected...

Just noticed: If I change the window size of an application like KStars,
the
width and height are off by a factor of two. When I bring it to full screen
with it says width 1280. If I do the same with IMP I get the correct 2560
(having a WQHD display)....

Any hints? This really s***s.....

So it seems to be the QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS setting. Mine gets set to

eDP-1=1.5;DP-1=1.5;HDMI-1=1.5;DP-2=1.5;HDMI-2=1.5;DP-3=1.5;HDMI-3=1.5;DP-3-1=1.5;DP-3-2=1.5;DP-3-3=1.5;

I tried setting a value in my .profile, but that gets overridden.
Where does this get set, and how can I change it?

That's the scale factor in the display settings. Set it to 100%, log out and
in again to apply it.

You probably overwrote the font DPI to 96, which is why xterm and GIMP are not
affected.

And why does a factor of 1.5 cause the size reports to be a factor 2 wrong?

That means the application wasn't adjusted to deal with non-integer factors, so
it uses the rounded value in some calculations.

Cheers,
Fabian