[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2020/20
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

This week we had some trickier changes entering our beloved distro,
which might even have causes some (minor) problems for you while
running zypper dup. It’s about how we package symlinks in our RPMs. So
far, brp-check-suse converted the symlinks to absolute ones, then rpm
warned about that fact. No way of pleasing the packager, right? The brp
policy has been updated and symlinks are now all converted to relative
ones (almost all – things to /dev stay absolute, e.g. /dev/null). This
has some advantages when inspecting chroots or other layouts that could
be mounted somewhere else. The issues seen were that not everything got
rebuilt in the same go, which resulted in zypper complaining about file
conflicts. The error was save to be ignored, but annoying. In total, we
have released 5 snapshots this week (0507, 0508, 0509,0511 and 0513)
containing these changes:

* Absolute->Relative symlink changes, as described
* Mozilla Firefox 76.0
* Linux kernel 5.6.11
* KDE Plasma 5.18.5
* KDE Frameworks 5.70.0
* NetworkManager 1.24.0
* Libvirt 6.3.0
* GCC 10.1 (still not the default compiler)

The staging projects are still filled up with these major changes:

* Inkscape 1.0
* TeXLive 2020
* RPM change: %{_libexecdir} is being changed to /usr/libexec. This
exposes quite a lot of packages that abuse %{_libexecdir} and fail to
build
* Qt 5.15.0 (currently release candidate is staged)
* Guile 3.0.2: breaks gnutls’ test suite, but it passes when built
with gcc10
* GCC 10 as the default compiler

Cheers,
Dominique