Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Release Engineering Meeting 13.05.2020
On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 13:27 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:

In LKML and the Linux-Wireless ML is an interesting thread entitled "gcc-10:
kernel stack is corrupted and fails to boot" See
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/2005.1/07670.html. The bottom line
is
that it happened because of tail-call optimization combined with a
stack-canary
test. A fix has been submitted for kernel 5.7, and it will be backported to
stable kernels.

The fix for that has landed in our Kernel version 5.6.12

This thread makes me wonder how many other bugs that GCC 10 will expose.

Is there a trial ISO of TW built with GCC 10 and whatever optimizations that
will be used in production?

The ISOs that are used by openQA can be downloaded and tested locally
as well. Of course it's a limited set of packages, as the STaging
projects only cover about 25% of the distro (but include at leats a
working KDE and GNOME Desktop)

https://openqa.opensuse.org/group_overview/2 - The BuildN,x,y are the
relevant ones here (tests are still underwhelming, as there are still a
couple buildfailures to be worked out)

cheers,
Dominique