Re: [opensuse-factory] Rabbitmq OBS build success event client - Easy package testing - rabbit_obs_client
On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 12:04 PM Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 20:17:36 CEST schrieb Dan Čermák:
Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 11:52 AM Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, in case you might be interested, I have a repo where I'm
developing a collection of simple scripts to automate workflows
(there's only one right now): https://pagure.io/obs-packaging-scripts

This is for importing sources from fedora servers via fedpkg source
into obs?
I never needed this, didn't even know fedpkg exists. Looks a bit like
the osc client, but not as powerful?

fedpkg is considerably more powerful than osc. It can do _quite_ a lot
more, I just needed it to fetch source tarballs for pushing to OBS.

You can see a bit of all it is capable of in its man page:
https://www.mankier.com/1/fedpkg

There's other scripts I have that I'm working on cleaning up, that's
just the first of many. :)

About automating workflows, you probably want to have a look at:
https://kamarada.github.io/en/2019/03/19/integrating-the-open-build-service-with-github
and:
https://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-user-guide/cha.obs.source_service.html
(especially from 7.4 ongoing)

I have added webhook (with a previously generated obs token)
to my github cobbler fork which triggers a rebuild of my OBS cobbler
test_build package:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:trenn:cobbler_test_build/cobbler

This package retrieves possibly new cobbler sources from github at build time
via
_service file.

The problem is that _service files are "blind" and I want to be able
to push specific refs or revisions from CI or whatever. OBS'
capabilities here are _extremely_ poor. While my script defaults to
Fedora, it's trivial to extend it to other servers using Dist-Git
technology.

This is the first part of automation. Looks like this is what you are doing
with fedpkg source?
But from fedora dist servers, instead of gitlab or github?
Anyway, above might be convenient for you when it comes to github/gitlab
repos. Fedora pkgs might be based on these as well?

Fedora's package servers use a forge solution called Pagure:
https://pagure.io/pagure

There was a talk at the openSUSE Conference last year about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wastUxOT6IQ