Re: [opensuse-factory] Rabbitmq OBS build success event client - Easy package testing - rabbit_obs_client
  • From: Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 18:03:43 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 20:17:36 CEST schrieb Dan Čermák:
Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 11:52 AM Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, in case you might be interested, I have a repo where I'm
developing a collection of simple scripts to automate workflows
(there's only one right now): https://pagure.io/obs-packaging-scripts

This is for importing sources from fedora servers via fedpkg source
into obs?
I never needed this, didn't even know fedpkg exists. Looks a bit like
the osc client, but not as powerful?

About automating workflows, you probably want to have a look at:
https://kamarada.github.io/en/2019/03/19/integrating-the-open-build-service-with-github
and:
https://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-user-guide/cha.obs.source_service.html
(especially from 7.4 ongoing)

I have added webhook (with a previously generated obs token)
to my github cobbler fork which triggers a rebuild of my OBS cobbler test_build
package:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:trenn:cobbler_test_build/cobbler

This package retrieves possibly new cobbler sources from github at build time
via
_service file.

This is the first part of automation. Looks like this is what you are doing
with fedpkg source?
But from fedora dist servers, instead of gitlab or github?
Anyway, above might be convenient for you when it comes to github/gitlab
repos. Fedora pkgs might be based on these as well?

The second part is with rabbit_obs_client:
-> Once my sources which I submitted into my test_build github branch
automatically got built in OBS, it downloads the fresh rpm(s), installs them,
execute some tests and stores the results e.g. in:
home:trenn:cobbler_test_build_cobbler_SLE_15_SP1_13_04_2020_19_56_48.log
(datestring in file should be YYYY_MM_DD, already is iirc).

What is missing (could certainly extended by quite some more, depending
on whatever you focus), is kind of notification system.

This is what Dan's chat bot below tries to achieve..., right?

Since we're showcasing other projects now ;-), I'd like to highlight a
hackweek project of a colleague:
https://github.com/msirringhaus/obs_chat_bot

This is a bot for Matrix.org that will ping you when a package finishes
building on OBS. It also supports listening to openQA events, in case
you want to get a pinged when your test finishes.

Nice!
I even got a matrix account, but this is somewhat overdosed and too
(matrix) specific for my simple notifications.
I'd prefer email notifications and filtering, but implementing this on the
rabbit
client is nasty (smtp must properly be set up).

I just had the idea to go back through OBS. I checked osc commands
and notification settings:

You might want to have a look at:
- Package has failed to build
- Package source service has failed
- New comment for package created

Receive notifications of comments created on a package for which you
are...
Watching the project/package X email x web x rss

I dig a bit into this. Maybe the solution is not that difficult to set up.
I could do (one may say misuse the comments for test notifications?):
osc comment PROJECT PACKAGE "Test succeeded in X mins - Created 5 whatever"

and watch the packages I test or watch the "test project" 's comments.

I'll give this a try the next days...
Also Marcus (Huewe)'s hint might help a lot.

Thanks a lot for all your feedback!

Thomas