[opensuse-factory] Rabbitmq OBS build success event client - Easy package testing - rabbit_obs_client
  • From: Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 17:51:55 +0200
Hi,

I made up a tiny package:
home:trenn:rabbit_obs_client/rabbit_obs_client
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:trenn:rabbit_obs_client/rabbit_obs_client

I looked around before, but couldn't find anything similar. I use this instead
of a
(IMO complex/overdosed) jenkins worker or whatever solution to trigger test
runs in case of
successful OBS builds.
I paste the description of the package below.
Please let me know if this one helps and where/how it could be improved.
Or whether something similar exists already or whatever you think about this..
Thanks!:
----

Use this package for automated tests, which are triggered once the OBS server
has performed a successful build.
OpenSUSE Build Service rabbit client is a systemd service written in python.
It listens to rabbitmq build_success events from an OBS server.
If an event is captured that matches a package in the config file, the newly
built package rpm is retrieved from the OBS server, the local system is updated
with the package and a specified command which may start tests is executed and
logged.

You need an osc user configured on the system and then simply add to
/etc/rabbit_obs.conf
[test_pkg]
package = test_pkg
project = home:trenn:cobbler_test_build
repo = SLE_15_SP1
pkg_arch = noarch
trigger_cmd = "/bin/test_my_package"

[other_test_pkg]

It would be great to get some feedback if this package helps and what could
be improved, etc...

Thanks,

Thomas

PS: Until today only tested with one package monitored, but it should work with
multiple.