[opensuse-factory] Re: Why am I no longer a maintainer of graphics/OpenShadingLanguage

On 11/05/2020 23:25, Aaron Puchert wrote:
Again you just overstepped everyone else. Reviews exist for a reason.

You removed the stdosl.h lookup patch. As Pete already recognized, the
upstream patch is incomplete.

Regards,

Stefan
This thread was the first I heard of someone else working on the problem. I fixed it after receiving a message that OpenShadingLanguage had failed to build for two weeks then spent 3 days updating it, updating OpenImageIO and creating a new package that was needed. The new package robin-map had already been accepted and the other packages submitted I also notified Hans-Peter Jansen of the fixes and heard nothing at all back. The patch referred to was only used as a template by upstream not taken in it's entirety Mr Bruens had submitted it upstream and they preferred not to incorporate it in it's entirety.

Mr Bruens has been harassing me for a long time and when I created OpenShadingLanguage it increased tenfold. As a result I'm resigning from maintaining any graphics package and I would appreciate if he would keep his distance.

Dave Plater