[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2020/19
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

During this week, we managed to set a new record: the most broken
Tumbleweed snapshot handed over to openQA. W whopping 9 tests out of >
220 passed, everything else failed. What a luck we have openQA, right?
Nothing of that was mirrored out and sent out to users. Fur the curious
ones: the issue came from an incomplete rebuild after the switch to
Ruby 2.7. Still, we managed to release 6 snapshots during this week
(0429, 0501, 0502, 0503, 0504 and 0506)

The major changes included:

* GNOME 3.36.2
* VLC 3.0.10
* Mesa 20.0.6
* Linux kernel 5.6.8
* QEmu 5.0.0
* Reverted plymouth to 0.9.5+git20190908
* Switch to Ruby 2.7: all rubygem-* packages are now built for ruby
2.6 AND ruby 2.7. Ruby 2.7 became the detault. Unfortunately, we can’t
drop Ruby 2.6 just yet (e.g. vagrant)
* pam-config 1.3: the default pam configuration was switched from
pam_cracklib to pam_pwdquality

Most of the larger things listed on Staging last week are still there:

* MozillaFirefox 76.0
* KDE Plasma 5.18.5
* Linux kernel 5.6.11
* TeXLive 2020
* RPM change: %{_libexecdir} is being changed to /usr/libexec. This
exposes quite a lot of packages that abuse %{_libexecdir} and fail to
build
* Qt 5.15.0 (currently beta4 is staged)
* Guile 3.0.2: breaks gnutls’ test suite on i586
* GCC 10 as the default compiler

Cheers,
Dominique