Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE:Leap:15.2 - Build fail notification
On Fri, 2020-05-08 at 18:37 +0930, Simon Lees wrote:
osc maintainer meson
Defined in package: devel:tools:building/meson
bugowner of meson :
XRevan86

maintainer of meson :
XRevan86, dimstar

None of those are SLE-maintainers; yet, the package is in SLE (and has
maintainers assigned, I'd hope) and in Leap

Sot hat guaranteed overlap is not a given (this is juts one example I
was almost sure would be like this. I bet there are more like this
around)

Cheers
Dominique

PS: yes, one can claim that I am @suse and thus inherently the SLE
maintainer, But that's now how it defacto works. Obviously, I'd help
out in case of need.

I do have a script that checks this somewhere, I guess I should run it
again next week, but last time I ran it we had fixed most of these cases.

I don't think I'd want to accept other people as maintainer of this
package. xrevan and myself havae been doing all the lifting here, we
harldy have bugs (there is currently one for gcc10 test suite
failures); so just 'forcing' a SLE maintainer onto the openSUSE package
could be seen as a hostile takeover. Which reminds me back to the days
of SUSE Linux 10.x and early openSUSE days, when a community member
needed a 'sponsor' from SUSE to get a package acceptable to the distro.

Submitrequests can be created by everybody - not only maintainers.

Cheers,
Dominique