Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE:Leap:15.2 - Build fail notification

On 5/8/20 6:32 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Fri, 2020-05-08 at 17:32 +0930, Simon Lees wrote:

Would it not make much more sense for the script to call "osc maintainer
perf" Our current setup is not designed to handle someone being a
maintainer in tumbleweed but not leap (or the other way) even packages
that come from SLE should have the SUSE maintainer listed as one of the
obs maintainers (If they are not listed that's a bug in process that
needs fixing).

Lt me just give one counter-example:

osc maintainer meson
Defined in package: devel:tools:building/meson
bugowner of meson :
XRevan86

maintainer of meson :
XRevan86, dimstar

None of those are SLE-maintainers; yet, the package is in SLE (and has
maintainers assigned, I'd hope) and in Leap

Sot hat guaranteed overlap is not a given (this is juts one example I
was almost sure would be like this. I bet there are more like this
around)

Cheers
Dominique

PS: yes, one can claim that I am @suse and thus inherently the SLE
maintainer, But that's now how it defacto works. Obviously, I'd help
out in case of need.

I do have a script that checks this somewhere, I guess I should run it
again next week, but last time I ran it we had fixed most of these cases.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30