Re: [opensuse-factory] LS_OPTIONS not defined anymore for Zsh
  • From: İsmail Dönmez <idoenmez@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 08:18:40 +0200
On 05 May 06:15 2020, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
05.05.2020 07:30, İsmail Dönmez пишет:
Hi,

On 04 May 16:56 2020, Ignacio Taranto wrote:
Oh, I see.

I let you know if something else is broken.

I did a diff and I see the following variables are still lost:

GPG_TTY
LS_COLORS
LS_OPTIONS

I'm only unsure about setting GPG_TTY, anyone who uses gpg can set it up
the way
they want. Any opinions on this from others?

This logic applies to any other variable set in any of shell startup
files. But if distribution provides defaults, they at least need to be
consistent.

Either you remove GPG_TTY completely (also from bashrc), or it should
really be set in all shells.

What would really be an improvement - drop-in support similar to
/etc/profile.d where packages could add files. Because GPG_TTY obviously
belongs to pinentry-curses package.

That already works, you can drop in there anything and it'll be picked up.

- ismail

--
“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
< Previous Next >