Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE:Leap:15.2 - Build fail notification
On 4/26/2020 22:05, openSUSE release team wrote:
Dear Package maintainers and hackers.

Below package(s) in openSUSE:Leap:15.2 have been failing to build for at
least 4 weeks. We tried to send out notifications to the
configured bugowner/maintainers of the package(s), but so far no
fix has been submitted. This probably means that the
maintainer/bugowner did not yet find the time to look into the
matter and he/she would certainly appreciate help to get this
sorted.

- python-ZODB

I'm looking to fix this package. I was preparing to update it with a git revision and asked a couple questions on the packaging list when someone pointed out that Leap 15.2 being in "beta" mode, that might not be an acceptable solution.

Basically the problem here is that the python-transaction package was updated which breaks at least one test in python-ZODB. This problem is fixed upstream, but ZODB hasn't made a release with that fix yet. I opened an issue asking about a new release on upstream's GitHub and received a reply that a dev thinks there is a blocker issue for a new release.

What's the best way I can fix this package in terms of Leap?
1) Update it to a git revision.
2) Implement the fix as a patch and have it removed when upstream releases.
3) Somehow (please describe) provide the older version of python-transaction.
4) Something else

thanks,
--
Jason Craig