[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2020/18
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

This week, we released a few snapshots less. But we released GNOME
3.36.1 which also contained a minor font change for cantarell. And as
openQA compares reference screen shots, a font change results in a lot
of mismatches, that need to be confirmed. This takes easily a bit of
time. This resulted in three snapshots being published (0425, 0427 and
0428), bringing those changes:

* GNOME 3.36.1
* KDE Applications 20.04
* Linux kernel 5.6.6
* Mesa 20.0.5
* openSSL 1.1.1g

The list looks short, but GNOME and KDE Applications both consist of
numerous applications. So all in all the snapshots were actually rather
large.

And as usual, that’s not the end: things currently being worked on in
Staging projects:

* Switch from Ruby 2.6 to 2.7 (some preparations/fixes are coming by
regularly)
* Linux kernel 5.6.8
* RPM change: %{_libexecdir} is being changed to /usr/libexec. This
exposes quite a lot of packages that abuse %{_libexecdir} and fail to
build
* Qt 5.15.0 (currently beta4 is staged)
* TeXLive 2020
* Guile 3.0.2: breaks gnutls’ test suite on i586
* GCC 10 as the default compiler

Cheers,
Dominique