Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Name for the new openSUSE release (was: [opensuse-factory] The community)
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:40:22 -0300
Em ter., 14 de abr. de 2020 às 11:36, Vojtěch Zeisek
<vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

Dne úterý 14. dubna 2020 16:11:20 CEST, Michal Suchánek napsal(a):
We should decide on a sensible name very soon, otherwise
Jump will be mentioned in dozens of places already...

I think it is a very bad idea to change names, Yet another Time.

I think this is not to change name, rather to refer to the SLE based
Leap while it exists alongside the Leap as it is built now.
I don't really see a problem with Jump as a name for such temporary
project.

I don't really see any problem in keeping name Leap during the transition
phase. There will be "old" Leap 15.1 and "new" 15.2, won't it? So why not to
keep Leap name? It's normal that distributions develop, and they don't have to
be necessarily renamed. It'd be more natural to do the transition between 15
and 16, but otherwise I don't really see problem in keeping the name.

Hi,

If I'm not wrong, there will be Leap 15.2 (released in June with
openSUSE rpms made from SLE sources) and Leap 15.2 Jump (released in
october with SLE rpms)

Regards,

Luiz