[opensuse-factory] The community (was: Bringing Leap and SUSE Linux Enterprise closer together - a proposal)
On Thu 2020-04-09, Stasiek Michalski wrote:
Leap did become "the better SLE" overtime, so we should have seen
this coming a mile away, but I do not know how to feel about SLE
basically using all of that work that the community did to achieve this.

I feel good about it.

The way I see openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise engage is an ongoing
cooperation (both ways), a dance, sometimes closer, sometimes a bit
more independently. Think rumba or salsa more than waltz. :-)

In fact, it doesn't just go "both ways", but really "many connected
and intertwined ways" - supporting, challenging, pulling together.

And it's not two distinct groups of, say, developers, "the community"
vs "the SUSE people". It's much more nuanced and intertwined than that
(which, to be clear, you never indicated otherwise).

And nurturing, supporting, and growing these numerous pathways and
clusters, that's a key part of our work

As an aside, Jump is an awful name, since it's a way too common of a
word in the English language to build any reasonable branding around it.

Isn't Jump more like $JUMP, its actual name to be determined?

Gerald
--
Dr. Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxx>, CTO @SUSE + chair @openSUSE