Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Updates on Tumbleweed with proprietary nvidia drivers installed could be more reliable I guess
I still prefer limiting the kernel version of Nvidia driver users because:
- The driver may build and load but fail to work correctly, and
- If the number of kernels is limited on user's machine, multiple incompatible
(new) kernels may be installed, which might eventually remove the usable (old)
kernel, and there will be no usable kernel at all.

Therefore, I suggest we simply limit the kernel version in the Nvidia package
to conflict with incompatible kernels. It is the easiest and simplest way to
get things done, before we come up with a better solution.

A few questions:
- Is the nvidia packager on TW willing to cooperate?
- Will it be helpful if we maintain a "Nvidia-kernel support matrix" on
openSUSE wiki or somewhere else?
I will be happy to maintain such a page, if it is helpful for the packager.

Yours,
xz

--
Xu Zhao