Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Bringing Leap and SUSE Linux Enterprise closer together - a proposal

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 15:22, Michal Suchánek <msuchanek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 03:14:50PM +0200, Stasiek Michalski wrote:
I will drill this part, since it's the most interesting to me. If we
shared 100% of binaries we would have SLE, not Jump in the repositories,
so I assume we are gonna diverge somewhere. Which package will have a
dependency on branding-openSUSE and distribution-logos-openSUSE-Leap
None.

AFAICT you have dependencies on branding and distribution-logos and
whichever package is in the repository provides those. The SLE branding
packages will not get imported into the Jump/Leap repository so you will
get the Leap branding.

Repositories themselves don't have that power, and currently there are
Recommends/Requires in product package and BuildRequires in
installation-images to fulfill those branding requirements for various
Tumbleweed based flavours (Tumbleweed, MicroOS and Kubic) and Leap.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world