Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Bringing Leap and SUSE Linux Enterprise closer together - a proposal
On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 03:14:50PM +0200, Stasiek Michalski wrote:

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 14:30, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Donnerstag, 9. April 2020, 14:09:22 CEST wrote Stasiek Michalski:
This does seem like a much more SLE focused than openSUSE Leap
focused
transition, branded as a positive change for openSUSE, but at least
you
did not excuse yourself with Coronavirus as did The Qt Company ;)

How do we figure out branding, how do we package things that
actually
have to differ between SLE and Jump? I do see the last question
kind of
skipping that point, does that mean the installation-images still
will
be different to account for different branding? Will the product
package differ? Will the branding be figured out based on
/etc/os-release?

Nah, branding is done with a different set of packages. openSUSE will
definitive have it's own are of additional and also fork packages.
The latter ones are the ones we try to minimize though.

I will drill this part, since it's the most interesting to me. If we
shared 100% of binaries we would have SLE, not Jump in the repositories,
so I assume we are gonna diverge somewhere. Which package will have a
dependency on branding-openSUSE and distribution-logos-openSUSE-Leap
None.

AFAICT you have dependencies on branding and distribution-logos and
whichever package is in the repository provides those. The SLE branding
packages will not get imported into the Jump/Leap repository so you will
get the Leap branding.

Thanks

Michal