Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Bringing Leap and SUSE Linux Enterprise closer together - a proposal

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 14:30, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Donnerstag, 9. April 2020, 14:09:22 CEST wrote Stasiek Michalski:
This does seem like a much more SLE focused than openSUSE Leap focused
transition, branded as a positive change for openSUSE, but at least you
did not excuse yourself with Coronavirus as did The Qt Company ;)

How do we figure out branding, how do we package things that actually
have to differ between SLE and Jump? I do see the last question kind of
skipping that point, does that mean the installation-images still will
be different to account for different branding? Will the product
package differ? Will the branding be figured out based on
/etc/os-release?

Nah, branding is done with a different set of packages. openSUSE will
definitive have it's own are of additional and also fork packages.
The latter ones are the ones we try to minimize though.

I will drill this part, since it's the most interesting to me. If we
shared 100% of binaries we would have SLE, not Jump in the repositories,
so I assume we are gonna diverge somewhere. Which package will have a
dependency on branding-openSUSE and distribution-logos-openSUSE-Leap
(and if you want Jump if I get that branding going) so that branding is
included in the installation images and the installed system. What
statement in which package will decide which package to build for which
repo.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world