Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Bringing Leap and SUSE Linux Enterprise closer together - a proposal

On 4/9/20 10:00 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Donnerstag, 9. April 2020, 14:09:22 CEST wrote Stasiek Michalski:
This does seem like a much more SLE focused than openSUSE Leap focused
transition, branded as a positive change for openSUSE, but at least you
did not excuse yourself with Coronavirus as did The Qt Company ;)

How do we figure out branding, how do we package things that actually
have to differ between SLE and Jump? I do see the last question kind of
skipping that point, does that mean the installation-images still will
be different to account for different branding? Will the product
package differ? Will the branding be figured out based on
/etc/os-release?

Nah, branding is done with a different set of packages. openSUSE will
definitive have it's own are of additional and also fork packages.
The latter ones are the ones we try to minimize though.

To clarify this further branding is more general then just "branding"
packages it will also include things like themes (kinda obvious) and
patterns (less obvious).

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30