Re: [opensuse-factory] Bumblebee up for grabs
Am 2020-04-09 08:46, schrieb Raphael Lydia Bertoche:
...so is there a "nondynamic" powermanagement for cards before turing?

Apparently, yes. That feature you brought up to the discussion is
about turning completely off the discrete GPU hardware. I'm writing
from a 10 series GPU that does fine even when ran over "pure" nvidia.
It's neither hot nor loud.

Isn't there a bit of a drop in performance when you use __NV
variables? Or is it the application I'm using? I got that impression
and now I'm off intel.

correct me if I'm wrong here:
To get this to work I need:

the "normal" nvidia driver rpms from the nvidia repo
the suse-prime package from X11:Xorg
and if my card's before turing, the bbswitch package?

and then all I do is "prime-select intel", and then I'll be able to use
the __NV variables to get specific apps to use the nvidia card?

Cheers
MH

--
Mathias Homann