Re: [opensuse-factory] Bumblebee up for grabs
In recent laptops, even before series 20 Turing GPU, PRIME does a good
job, since running everything from nvidia won't overheat nor run fans
near 100%. It will only dissipate heat or raise the fans when you
really need it. Overall, the computer will run faster on nvidia.

But in the only laptop I actually possess PRIME is not usable because
of hardware limitations on powersaving while running nvidia. This
graphics card seems to be unable to underclock. It will even impact
CPU performance: the dedicated GPU dissipates enough heat to get the
CPU near it's throttling temperature, even when the graphics are close
to idle. That means the CPU is always close to underclock.

As soon as I can I'll build and try to fix any issues I encounter with
bumblebee.