Re: [opensuse-factory] Bumblebee up for grabs
On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 12:17:06PM +0200, Mathias Homann wrote:

But ... for the new feature you need also a Turing GPU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_(microarchitecture)

And who already has such a GPU in his laptop?

I need to improve the documentation in the github project ...

done.

the documentation still points at a few files that actually don't exist
in the system...

Not sure which files you mean here. Can you eloborate?

anyway, so to use prime offloading I need a laptop with an intel, and a
bleeding edge nvidia card, or a desktop with the same, but bumblebee is
outdated and no longer maintained?

I can't help but consider this crazy.

I haven't said that. Turing is only needed for DynamicPowerManagement, not for
NVIDIA's PRIME Render Offload feature.

- why would anyone who has something like a GTX2060 in a desktop use the
onboard intel card for graphics, so he'd have to do prime offloading for
3d?

Desktop? We're talking about laptops here.

- what laptop models do have that kind of hardware, and how much do they
cost?

There are. Google is your friend. ;-)

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany