Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Updates on Tumbleweed with proprietary nvidia drivers installed could be more reliable I guess
From what I know, the Nvidia repository at
http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed/x86_64/ (which is the one I am
using) is built from the nvidia-gfxGXX packages on OBS (e.g.,
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/X11:Drivers:Video/nvidia-gfxG05). So I
think the nvidia package on TW is under openSUSE's control. (Correct me if I
am wrong.) If not, we can fork this package and maintain a community version
of nvidia package, if Packman or other community OBS is willing to accept it.

The problem is that we need to maintain a compatibility matrix for nvidia and
the latest kernel. I know there is a blog (http://rglinuxtech.com/?p=2724)
constantly testing the compatibility, but it will be great if someone knows
better source of information.

Best,
xz

--