Re: [opensuse-factory] Bumblebee up for grabs
On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 10:25:25AM +0200, Dan Čermák wrote:
Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Am 2020-04-08 09:18, schrieb Mathias Homann:

Well, at least with my laptop the main difference between prime and
bumblebee
is... that bumblebee works.

NVidia Geforce 840M here.

ok, it seems that I've got it to work now, but the powersaving escapes
me:

https://github.com/openSUSE/SUSEPrime#nvidia-power-off-support-with-435xxx-driver-and-later-g05-driver-packages

lists a few files that need to be copied in places in /etc
...but not where to find those files! and according to locate (after
updatedb) they do not exist on my system.
I'm on Leap 15.1 here.

That's the problem. As per
https://github.com/openSUSE/SUSEPrime#assumptions this will only work on
Tumbleweed.

Ouch. This is no longer up-to-date. Should work since Leap 15.1. Need to fix
this.

Thanks,
Stefan