Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Updates on Tumbleweed with proprietary nvidia drivers installed could be more reliable I guess
On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

07.04.2020 22:28, Xu Zhao пишет:
The package maintainer can help automate this by defining an allowed
range of kernel versions when the Nvidia is installed (for example,
with the "Conflicts" keyword in the spec).

Do you have actionable proposal how package maintainer can predict which
kernel version will break compilation of nVidia module in the future?

The next? Unless somebody gives green light it does not (I guess somehow
auto building the driver against KOTD isn't easily/legally possible in
OBS).

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg,