Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE:LEAP:15.1 missing dependency /usr/bin/bash for testssl.sh
  • From: mararm <mararm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 23:42:43 +0200
Hi Christian,

On Friday, 2020-04-03 22:15:01 CEST Christian Boltz wrote:

Contrary to tumbleweed, bash in Leap 15.1 is only found at /bin/bash
Ignoring the dependency and then fixing the shebang in
/usr/bin/testssl.sh
seems to work.

Usually my recommendation would be to open a bugreport (or a submit
request ;-) - the testssl.sh script needs to change the shebang to
/bin/bash when built for Leap 15.x or older.

However, this was so simple that I just submitted the fix myself ;-)

Thanks very much.

I just had a look at the patch and it made me curious.
What is wrong with
#!/usr/bin/env bash
as a shebang, why not keep it that way? It was exactly what I put into
/usr/bin/testssl.sh ;-)

Regards
mararm

--