Re: [opensuse-factory] MultiKey/Compose strangeness after last TW update

On Friday 2020-04-03 14:02, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
On Friday 2020-04-03 13:27, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

After the upgrade, in Emacs the MultiKey is just completely ignored and I
get
"a instead. If I put focus on an XTerm, when pressing the right Alt key, a
weird Icon

That "weird icon" is actually the ibus input box with glyph U+2384 (which
your
font does not have a glyph for - hence the substitute synthesized glyph with
digits 2,3,8,4 in it).

Ah, that explains things! Highly appreciated.
So it wasn't the standard system upgrade, but instead Zoom (which I needed to
install at the same time for home office) that pulled in ibus as I noticed.
Still not very intuitive that the box pops up just somewhere on the screen..

Well, the usual answer: file a bug.