Re: [opensuse-factory] MultiKey/Compose strangeness after last TW update

On Friday 2020-04-03 13:27, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

After the upgrade, in Emacs the MultiKey is just completely ignored and I get
"a instead. If I put focus on an XTerm, when pressing the right Alt key, a
weird Icon

That "weird icon" is actually the ibus input box with glyph U+2384 (which your
font does not have a glyph for - hence the substitute synthesized glyph with
digits 2,3,8,4 in it).

For trivial Latin compositions, the input box need not be larger than necessary;
only for complex systems like mozc and pinyin it's larger:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Ibus-pinyin.png

This started between ibus 1.5.17 and 1.5.19 (Leap 15.0->15.1), it is not "new"
for Tumbleweed at all.
The environment variables ought to be set in the system for ibus and/or
compositions to work in different subenvironments:

$ env
QT4_IM_MODULE=ibus
QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus (Xlib/xterm)