[opensuse-factory] [openSUSE:Leap:15.2, Build 617.1] pulseaudio and systemd vs. setup-pulseaudio
Hi there,

this is on build ID 617.1. I use the script setup-pulseaudio sometimes
to disable pulseaudio for a user session. This used to work without any
trouble (on Leap 15.1 at least), but today I still found two processes
running when logged in: "/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize" and
"/usr/lib/pulse/gconf-helper". And indeed, running "pavucontrol" doesn't
hang/stop as it normally does when PA is disabled. As a consequence,
Kodi refuses to switch to a non-PA audio setup, hence playing back some
more enhanced video files and using audio passthrough is not possible.

I don't want to discuss the issue with audio passthrough etc., but my
main concern is "why does systemd always start up a pulseaudio daemon
when logging in" - even when PA is disabled.

To be honest, I don't know if this is a recent issue or if it existed in
earlier builds, too, but I just realised it due to another issue with
the 5.6 kernel not being able to do audio via HDMI anymore...

Does anybody have an idea? Bugzilla?

TIA, cheers.

l8er
manfred