Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Poll of VirtualBox users
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 11:22:05 +0100
Am Samstag, 21. März 2020, 02:42:09 CET schrieb Stefan Brüns:
On Samstag, 21. März 2020 00:18:20 CET Jim Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 21:39:35 +0100, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Jim, if I understand Larry correctly, he would package a script, that
does the usual manual operations in the background.

Given, the script runs automatically only after a manual installation
with license agreement accepted and a check, that an *older* extpack
exists already (in case, the user changes his mind and uninstalls it),
we should be save legally wise and profit from more comfortable updates.

If that's the case - that it checks for the existence of a previously-
installed extpack package, then I could see that working.

This would be dangerous without at least checking the License has not
changed, and even then I would be very cautious ...

Sure, Stefan, but with a previous installation, this script could make use of
a natively provided mechanism, that should take care of the licensing changing
event as well:

License accepted. For batch installation add
--accept-license=56bexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
to the VBoxManage command line.

Cheers,
Pete