Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the weeks 2020/11 & 12

On Friday 2020-03-20 20:27, Neal Gompa wrote:
Am 20.03.20 um 16:42 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

There was talk that Fedora wanted to switch to the sqlite backend.
If that is preferable to ndb (and I would envision that the Fedora guys
did
their work on the numbers), would it not make sense to skip ndb
altogether?

I can't find the numbers Jan asked for in that thread.

I know that Panu has looked at the performance characteristics quite a
bit, because a lot of the commits that have gone into the SQLite
backend over the past few months have been specifically about that.
Anecdotally, it appears faster on my rpm development machines on
Rawhide than BDB...

Oh that was not my intent... I had hoped to convey
"Did Fedora do some numbers on ndb <-> sqlite, and how were they?"

But now that's nugatory given the sqlite effort is apparently much older
than ndb to begin with.