Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the weeks 2020/11 & 12

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 17:00, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 20.03.20 um 16:42 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

There was talk that Fedora wanted to switch to the sqlite backend.
If that is preferable to ndb (and I would envision that the Fedora guys did
their work on the numbers), would it not make sense to skip ndb altogether?

I doubt they ever looked at nbd - Fedora's plan to move to sqlite is much
older than that. And we just as Fedora want to get rid of BDB - and the
difference is that Fedora got a plan and Tumbleweed got a new backend :)

It is being done in Fedora 33
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Sqlite_Rpmdb
It's not a plan anymore, it is going to be implemented

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world