Re: [opensuse-factory] Poll of VirtualBox users
On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 03:29:19PM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
Hi,

A user just contributed a script that downloads and installs the
extension pack for VirtualBox. I would like to get the sense of VB
users regarding implementation of this script in the post-install
routine for the openSUSE package.

Thanks for your hardwork in maintaining and extending VirtualBox. This
would be unwelcome for me, unless it was "unambiguously easy to avoid".

I've never missed the Extension pack and the last time I looked at the
Oracle PUEL we'd need a minimum 100 seat order to use for two machines,
with a feeling that it was mystery-box software and some other software
licesing complications. I'd have to switch back to spare seats of
VMware, which is our company standard but never seemed to work well for
me on openSUSE (could well have been my errors), and another nudge to
conform with Debian or Mint.

Daniel