Re: [opensuse-factory] Poll of VirtualBox users
Yes, that would be great!
Schöne Grüße
Axel
--
Written from cell phone - excuses for typos

Am 19. März 2020 22:04:54 MEZ schrieb "Vojtěch Zeisek"
<vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Dne čtvrtek 19. března 2020 21:56:11 CET, Larry Finger napsal(a):
On 3/19/20 3:38 PM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne čtvrtek 19. března 2020 21:29:19 CET, Larry Finger napsal(a):
A user just contributed a script that downloads and installs the
extension pack for VirtualBox. I would like to get the sense of
VB users regarding implementation of this script in the post-
install routine for the openSUSE package.

I might be missing something, but the add-on You are supposed to
install in the quest OS, aren't You? So If I install e.g. Windows
(poke) in VB... I guess the script wouldn't be able to install
the VB add-ons on that guest Windows, would it? So... I might
be missing the point of it...? Otherwise, anything simplifying
getting guest add-ons to installed VM is fine. :-)

It is not the guest additions. That needs to be done from within the
guest.
I also need to run VM versions of Windows for certain tasks. At
least, you
can now download and install that iso file from the "Devices" menu
item.

What I am talking about here is the PUEL-licensed stuff that adds the
USB 2 and USB 3 drivers to the host code. With that license, we
cannot
distribute, but we could supply a script that ensures that it is
always
updated when you update to a new version of VB.

Ah, sorry, I didn't get correct purpose of the script. This would IMHO
indeed
be very useful. :-)