Re: [opensuse-factory] Poll of VirtualBox users
On 3/19/20 3:38 PM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hi

Dne čtvrtek 19. března 2020 21:29:19 CET, Larry Finger napsal(a):
A user just contributed a script that downloads and installs the extension
pack for VirtualBox. I would like to get the sense of VB users regarding
implementation of this script in the post-install routine for the openSUSE
package.

I might be missing something, but the add-on You are supposed to install in
the quest OS, aren't You? So If I install e.g. Windows (poke) in VB... I guess
the script wouldn't be able to install the VB add-ons on that guest Windows,
would it? So... I might be missing the point of it...? Otherwise, anything
simplifying getting guest add-ons to installed VM is fine. :-)

It is not the guest additions. That needs to be done from within the guest. I also need to run VM versions of Windows for certain tasks. At least, you can now download and install that iso file from the "Devices" menu item.

What I am talking about here is the PUEL-licensed stuff that adds the USB 2 and USB 3 drivers to the host code. With that license, we cannot distribute, but we could supply a script that ensures that it is always updated when you update to a new version of VB.

Larry