Re: [opensuse-factory] Poll of VirtualBox users
Hi,

Am 19.03.20 um 21:38 schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek:
Hi

Dne čtvrtek 19. března 2020 21:29:19 CET, Larry Finger napsal(a):
A user just contributed a script that downloads and installs the extension
pack for VirtualBox. I would like to get the sense of VB users regarding
implementation of this script in the post-install routine for the openSUSE
package.
I might be missing something, but the add-on You are supposed to install in
the quest OS, aren't You? So If I install e.g. Windows (poke) in VB... I
guess
the script wouldn't be able to install the VB add-ons on that guest Windows,
would it? So... I might be missing the point of it...? Otherwise, anything
simplifying getting guest add-ons to installed VM is fine. :-)

No, it's the extension pack for the host system with their own license that you
have to download from the Oracle Website in order to activate some features:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads#VirtualBox6.1.4OracleVMVirtualBoxExtensionPack

And I don't think having an automatic download from a third-party website is
something Oracle or the OpenSUSE users would appreciate.

Ben