Re: [opensuse-factory] 15.2 beta update / mariadb problem
Am 16.03.20 um 13:56 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:

Ditto, I still have a server with hosed mysql authentication..
happended in tumblweed too.. unfortunately I have not been able to
completely shut it down for a few hours to do a full restore.. so it
is running with skip-grant-tables and no networking whatsoever.
apparently the mysql authentication tables ends with no users in, not
even root..

OK, I'll open a bug to get this started.

I have database backups, yeah, but I 'll prefer not to restore them
and fix the authentication issue instead.

Well, I was unable to restore the db dump, but that may totally me being stupid
:-)

(I'm already trying to reproduce the issue)
--
Stefan Seyfried