Re: [opensuse-factory] compiler options and boinc
Am 07.03.20 um 23:16 schrieb Frans de Boer:
LS,

I noticed that when I compile boinc, it is always around 4x slower on
the CPU benchmarks then the version distributed by Tumbleweed. I do use
'-O3 -funroll-loops -ffast-math' as specified on the boinc website.

Tumbleweed build seems to use
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-strong
-funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
-Werror=return-type -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -g -g -W -pipe
-fno-strict-aliasing -D_REENTRANT"

So maybe trying with just "-O2" and no other "optimizations" might be
worth trying.
If this is as good as the TW version, then I'd try if "-O3" improves.
--
Stefan Seyfried