Re: [opensuse-factory] TW partitioning propsal swap

Hello,

On Mar 6 10:45 Per Jessen wrote (excerpt):
6 ????? 2020 ?., ? 12:49, Axel Braun <Axel.Braun@xxxxxx> ???????(?):

In guided stetup is the option 'enlarge to RAM size for suspend'

I can confirm that with openSUSE Leap 15.1 such an option exists
in the so called "guided" disk partitioning stetup.

(BTW, the german translation 'RAM Größe für Suspend erweitern' is
misleading/wrong!)

Warum? As non-native English and German speaker I do not see anything
wrong here.

The English version says to "enlarge to RAM size" whereas the German
version only says "enlarge RAM size".

And - if I understand things correctly - the swap disk space is needed
for what is called "hibernation" but not for what is caled "suspend"
but I am no expert in this area of subtle wording differences.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg - Germany