Re: [opensuse-factory] php7-fpm setup does not work anymore
On 3/5/20 11:34 AM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
The 'mod_php_any' dependency is a nasty one. Ideally the 'php7-fpm'
package should also provide 'mod_php_any' and conflict with
'apache2-mod_php7' to prevent this situation from happening in the first
place. I'm not sure why we don't have this already, but it probably has
to do with the fact that 'php7-fpm' will not provide a working solution
out of the box while 'apache2-mod_php7' does.

You cannot solve this at package dependency level because in theory on a
single web server both solutions could be used for different PHP
applications.

I think the real culprit is the overzealous pseudo config management
done in some postinst scripts.

Ciao, Michael.