Aw: Re: [opensuse-factory] why upgrading too leap15.2?
  • From: "Axel Braun" <Axel.Braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 10:41:36 +0100

Gesendet: Samstag, 29. Februar 2020 um 21:30 Uhr
Von: "Simon Becherer" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-factory] why upgrading too leap15.2?

On 29.02.20 20:59, Carlos E. R. wrote:

but Tumbleweed is stable and tested and perfectly usable.

Sure? Didn't the config change off etc escape the testing? nfs? :-D

[...]

ok - the last step at the moment "etc" i have not upgraded.
it seems to me i have first to check 36 :-(( config.rpmnew
files, - never cared before... :-)

so for me tumbleweed is a wonderful work,
100 percent in work-environment usable.
thank you all who made this possible!!

Fully support this view. I upgrade my TW installation only if there is
interesting new stuff or new KDE versions, and I did not notice the /etc change
at all (and still have some rpmnew files flying around, where I just learned
now what they are good for)

So, nothing is eaten as hot as it is cooked, and not every user is affected by
every change.
In general TW works perfect for me.

Cheers
Axel