Re: [opensuse-factory] rpmnew/rpmsave (was: ...hanging update of an older system!)
Thorsten Kukuk composed on 2020-02-25 10:44 (UTC+0100):

Correct, we need to fix the problem that every typo fix in a
configuration file will lead to a *.rpmnew or *.rpmsave file.
And this is this whole exercise about: minimize the situations,
where RPM has to create a rpmnew or rpmsave file.
And not doing the opposite, mess even more around with configuration
file automatically so that RPM has to create even more rpmnew and
rpmsave files which will even more likely break users systems earlier
than later.

Doesn't this whole subject become moot when the /usr/etc/ transition is
complete??? Aren't we nearly there already?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/