Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200220 released! - hanging update of an older system!
[?]
Hi Ulf, hi ?all?,

I'm a user of TW, but not an IT-professional. So I'd really like to avoid
the trouble of a non booting or hanging system after the 20200220 update.

After reading this thread, I tested my sytem:

=== === ===
linux-izun:/home/AW # rpmconfigcheck
Searching for unresolved configuration files
Please check the following files (see /var/adm/rpmconfigcheck):
/etc/nsswitch.conf.rpmnew
/etc/postfix/main.cf.rpmnew
/etc/postfix/master.cf.rpmnew
/etc/profile.d/zzz-texlive.csh.rpmsave
/etc/profile.d/zzz-texlive.sh.rpmsave
/etc/pulse/client.conf.d/50-system.conf.rpmsave
/etc/sysctl.conf.rpmnew
/etc/systemd/system.conf.rpmnew
/etc/zypp/zypp.conf.rpmnew

=== === ===

So it seems my sytem is affected, right?

What is the best way to avoid havoc while upgrading using zypper dup? I'd
like to do something _in_advance_ to the upgrade to prevent the trouble.

By the way: I never touched nsswitch.conf.

I don't think you can find out which config files *would* be changed by
upgrade without conducting the actual upgrade. What you can do *before*
upgrade already is check if there might be config changes still pending based
on rpmconfigcheck to keep the difference low and prepare for further config
changes. After upgrade make sure to run rpmconfigcheck and fix all reported
problems as soon as possible.