Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200220 released! - hanging update of an older system! => Proposal !!!
  • From: Ulf Bartholomäus <ub22@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 23:43:38 +0100
Hi Doinique,

excuse starting this discussion :-/

Some remarks/proposals from a stupid home office user.

1. It will be nice if there are initial information present during bigger
changes. So that a normal user can be aware (clear summary at zypper dup, yast
update or plasmoid for aupdate.

2. If there is a non clear behavior, address it to a standard user with links
to something like a wiki - which are (not mandatory the developer) shows some
remarks and step by step descriptions (in best case for GUI only users too)
how to solve the issues.

3. Updates in live systems, which have an issue, should be communicated fast
and open to the users/customers. Now one is perfect - all users accept this if
the problem is open and fast addressed.

Ok, seems to be, that I'm to often addressing also in our company, but each
person knows the complexity of the today world, but don't tell them that
there are not capable to know the problems.

Best Regards
Ulf