Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200220 released! - hanging update of an older system!
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:15:52 +0100
Am Montag, 24. Februar 2020, 12:25:59 CET schrieb Jiri Slaby:
On 24. 02. 20, 11:57, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Feb 24 2020, Jiri Slaby wrote:
It's still an issue of the system, not of the user. We are still missing
debian's check-config-after-update thing.

It's called rpmconfigcheck.

rpmconfigcheck is by far the debian thing. The latter has UI, asks,
compares, reloads services and more.

This is called etc-update. Having this being called manually is fine with me.

Yeah, rpmconfigcheck is a good
start. But when exactly is it run during update?

It's not enabled by default:

systemctl enable rpmconfigcheck

Of course, this all is doomed as long as any graphical updaters are running:

zypper rm PackageKit* plasma5-pk-updates
zypper al PackageKit* plasma5-pk-updates

The recommended workflow should be:

zypper dup
rpmconfigcheck
etc-update <with top level dir from rpmconfigcheck>

Would be nice, if zypper could be tricked into calling these automatically.

Cheers,
Pete