Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200220 released! - hanging update of an older system!
On Mon, Feb 24, Jiri Slaby wrote:

It's still an issue of the system, not of the user.

We have a service for that since two decades, but users always
complain about the amount of work if we enable it.

We are still missing debian's check-config-after-update thing.

Stop thinking in single Desktop users ...

The system should at least
notify the updater about the config changes. Doing find / -name '*.rpm*'
after each update is a silly approach and clearly doesn't work as you write.

rpmconfigcheck ?

systemctl enable --now rpmconfigcheck ?

Thorsten
--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS
Managing Director: Felix Imendoerffer (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)